We decided to put together a quick top ten tips to achieve the best results when dying your hair 🙂
1) Pre-lighten your hair to it’s lightest possible shade, we recommend Manic Panic Amplified Bleach Kits (Available Here) or if you’re on a budget you could use a Stargazer Bleach Kit instead (Available Here)
2) Warm colours like red, orange and pink last longer and are easier to achieve vibrant results with, cool colours like blue and green are harder to produce bright results. Our favourite brand here at Vicious Malicious is Manic Panic but we have other brands available at a lower cost as well 🙂
3) Avoid using conditioner for a few days before dying your hair and also use a PH neutral shampoo.
4) Rinse your hair immediately before dying your hair, towel dry it and then apply the dye to damp hair, this keeps the dye moist for longer and enhances it’s dying power!
5) Start at the roots and work your way down, being sure to completely saturate your hair from root to tip.
6) Have a spray bottle(similar to the ones gardeners use), set it to a fine mist. When the dye in your hair begins to dry out spray a mist of water over your hair to keep the dye moist and continuing to do it’s job.
7) After you’ve applied the dye and moistened it for a while, cover your head and hair with a shower cap or dying cap and wait. We’ve heard stories of people leaving the dye in their hair with a shower cap on and going to sleep for the night! Always make sure you don’t leave the dye in any longer than stated by the manufacturer.
8) To speed things up and provide even brighter results, grab a hair dryer on a low heat and pass it gently over your entire head, being sure not to leave the hair dryer on one spot for too long to avoid burning yourself!
9) After your hair dying is finished and you’re happy with the results, try to avoid using shampoo as much as possible. You’ll lose a notch of vibrancy every time you shampoo and I’m sure you’ll agree that’s the last thing you want! 😉
10) You can use conditioner after dying your hair to help it recover from the trauma of being dyed, however this won’t be necessary if you use a dye that’s kind to your hair, such as Manic Panic. To help keep your colour topped up add a few teaspoons of the left over dye to your conditoner bottle and apply this to your hair every time you take a shower.
All you need now is the dye!
This information is only to be used as guidance, always read the product packaging thoroughly before use and follow the manufacturers instructions. Vicious Malicious can not be held responsible or liable for any harm that may result from following this information, readers use it at their own risk.